Pilots with complex medical conditions begin with Mayo Clinic Clear Approach. Much like an aircraft preflight inspection, the Clear Approach team reviews your medical history in advance of scheduling appointments to ensure we are prepared for your visit.
Please use Clear Approach if you have or had any of the following:
- Special Issuance medical certificate
- Letters from the FAA requiring specific testing
- Prescription medications or OTC medications used on a regular basis
- Chronic medical conditions such as asthma, cancer, diabetes, heart disease, GI/digestive issues, pulmonary issues
- Any history of mental health conditions or medications to treat ADD/ADHD, anxiety, or depression
- Any history of stroke, seizure, heart attack, or loss of consciousness
- Surgical procedures in the last two years
- Any history of substance dependence or substance-related driving offences or legal offences
- Denial of medical certificate
If you have or had any of the above conditions, please click here to get started. You will need to create an account, and provide us with detailed information about your medical history. Our AMEs will review and provide you with guidance on next steps.
If you have none of the conditions above, please call 507-284-4340 to schedule your appointment.